The proposed indoor sports complex is based on the idea of flexibility of usage. The site is located inside the Existing Bareilly Sports stadium alongside the existing indoor badminton complex. The proposed indoor sports complex will be a large multipurpose hall with provisions for multiple sports to be played in various configurations like handball, judo, boxing, wrestling, table tennis etc. The existing badminton and swimming facilities are already being renovated by the state. The combination of the new and existing facility can help achieve state-of-the-art facilities where national and international events can be hosted. The proposed multipurpose hall will also be accompanied by allied service areas like medical rooms, storage rooms for equipment, players’ lounges with toilets, showers and changing rooms, VIP lounges, media boxes etc. The proposed indoor sports complex will be an integrated sports facility which will cater everything; from day-to-day training of athletes to hosting national and international events.
Vision of the Project
The indoor sports complex will be an integrated facility for sports activities which will have provisions for training athletes and hosting of national/international events. The vision of the project is:
- • To provide a World Class multipurpose indoor facility.
- • To enable the availability of all-weather availability of sport facility.
- • To provide a multipurpose hall for sports on international standards.
- • To promote sports/sportspersons by means of academies.
- • To encourage the local population to enroll in sports via membership schemes and thus promote healthy living.
- • To encourage sporting activities and healthy lifestyle in the region.
Need of the Project
- • Presently, there is no multipurpose indoor facility at the Stadium complex which can be used for various sports other than badminton.
- • There is a need to promote Bareilly as a sports hub which will help bring more revenue from sports tourism, sports events, membership/usage fees of sports facilities etc.
- • To host international and national scale sports events, the infrastructure needs to be upgraded to the required standards.
- • There needs to be a better National and International representation in the sports fraternity of Bareilly.
Objective of the Project
- • To provide a venue for national and international sporting events and also promote sports/sportspersons by means of academies; encouraging people to enroll in sports via membership.
- • People with inclination to take up professional sports would have adequate opportunities to get trained via experienced and reputed coaches.
- • To provide facilities for sports like handball, judo, wrestling etc. which are not currently provided in the campus.