Bareilly is a city in the northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh, located near Ramganga. It falls under geographical region Rohilkhand. The city is 252 kms north of the state capital, Lucknow and 250 kms east of the national capital, New Delhi. It is the seventh-largest metropolis of Uttar Pradesh and the 50th-largest city of India.
The city is also known as Bans-Bareilly. Although Bareilly is a production center for cane (bans) furniture, “Bans Bareilly” is not derived from the bans market; it was named for two princes: Bansaldev and Baraldev, sons of Jagat Singh Katehriya, who founded the city in 1537.
Bareilly Facts & Figure
BAREILLY city is popular for many reasons due to many reasons:
- Bareilly is popularly through Bollywood productions for its Jhumka through its song "Bareilly JHUMKA GIRA RE BAREILLY KE BAZAAR ME".
- Bareilly is famous in the world of fashion designing for its "Zari Zardozi" works and crafts like Bamboo works,Surma manufacturing, Manjha patang works etc.,.
- Bareilly also is a religiously popular destination namely for its world famous "ALA HAZRAT".
- The city is referred to as "The Nath Nagri" for its 5 ancient shiv temples.
- The city is the host to "UTRAINNI MELA".
- Bareilly’s cantt church is an English marvel.
- The city has umpteen number of Parks and public spaces for recreation of the residents
- Bareilly is famous for KATDANA MOTI.
- PRIYANKA CHOPRA, DISHA PATNI are some celebrities of Bareilly.
- Bareilly is a strategic location for the Indian Airforce.